According to the U.S. Department of Labor, the medium annual salary for Cosmetologists was $37,000 in 2002 and the opportunities are endless. Experienced stylists can earn up to $50,000 per year or more. Employment opportunities for Cosmetologists are expected to grow faster than the average for all occupations through the year 2005. It is one of the fastest growing and desirable jobs, according to MONEY
- Is virtually recession proof, hair and nails always grow.
- Offers a wide variety of full and part time positions.
- Over 50,000 Cosmetology positions went unfilled in 2001.
- In most cases, allows you to set your own hours.
- Affords you the flexiblity of nation wide employment opportunities with better than average income.
- Is an over $52 Billion dollar a year industry.
- Offers a multitude of continuing education, travel and networking opportunities.
- Gives you great personal satisfaction by helping others look and feel great.
The Rivertown 1500 hour Cosmetology program will train potential Cosmetologists in the general skill of hairdressing and their practical shop applications. The program includes lectures, demonstrations, student practical and theory work, and written and practical demonstrations. The student will have a great deal of hands on training in a clinical setting. After the first 250 hours of training, students work on the clinic floor under the guidance of our instructors. Rivertown has a large clientele, giving students experience in cutting, styling, perming, hair coloring, manicures, pedicures and all areas the curriculum requires.
CIP Code: 12.0403
Number of Students Completing Course in Award Year: 26
Median Title IV Loan Debt: 4971.00
Median Non-Title IV Loan Debt: 0
Median Institutional Loan Debt: 0
Program Graduation on Time Rate: 18%
Job Placement for Students Completing in Award Year: 97%
9:00 AM to 4:00 PM Monday - Friday
6:00 PM to 10:00 PM Tuesday - Friday
2011 © Rivertown School of Beauty