Rivertown also offers comprehensive studies taught at the Master Level providing the principals of teaching techniques, general education and practice teaching.
Cosmetology: 750 Hours
Barber: 750 Hours
Students who complete these courses will have enough skill and demonstrated enough knowledge to pass the Instructor exam as well as:
- Knowledge of Georgia licensing rules and regulations
- Explore and/or pursue careers in chosen field.
- Identify students strengths and weaknesses and develop methods for scholastic progress.
- Lesson planning, testing and evaluating
- Establish objectives and accomplish with various teaching techniques
- Classroom management, control and effectiveness.
Cross Over Training - Cosmetology/Barber and Barber/Cosmetology
The 300 hour crossover courses offered for Barber and Cosmetology will provide persons in either field the training to obtain a license in their chosen field.
Training for this course will enable the students to take and pass their State Board Exam. Students who successfully complete this course will have enough knowledge and skill to hold licenses in both Cosmetology and Barbering as well as:
- Understand the theory and practice of professional hair care
- Comprehend the chemistry and structure of hair and its disorders
- Explore and/or pursue careers in barber or cosmetology
- Extensive knowledge of a wide variety of haircutting techniques
- Shop and salon management skills, as well as, selling skills and business record keeping
The Rivertown 600 hour Refresher course is designed to offer applicants skills needed to re-enter the job market with confidence. This program is individually personalized to the specific needs of each student. This course is available to applicants who have previously completed their education in their chosen field.
2011 © Rivertown School of Beauty